4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
5 tbsp EVOO
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
handful of pitted black olives
small handful of fresh basil leaves
- If it's still attached, remove the long finger muscle on the back of each breast.
- Place each breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and either pound with a mallet or roll with a pin until 1/2 inch thick.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and cooked through, turning at least once.
- Transfer the chicken to a holding plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the frying pan, and add the rest of the olive oil.
- Fry the garlic for a minute or so, until golden.
- Stir in the olives and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, shred the basil leaves, and then stir them in.
- Spoon the olive/tomato mixture over the chicken, and serve immediately.