2 sirloin or filet steaks (7-9 oz each)
1.5 tbsp anchovy paste
3 tbsp butter
6 tbsp heavy cream
4 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
2 tsp EVOO
salt and pepper
parsley or tarragon sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of the butter and saute the shallots and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the cream, anchovy paste, and tarragon, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and EVOO together until they begin to brown.
- Add the steaks and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the steaks to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the frying pan, then stir in the anchovy sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust the seasoning of the sauce, then pour it over the meat and garnish with parsley or tarragon.