4 boneless chicken breasts (well trimmed)
2 tbsp butter
1 large shallot, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup seedless green grapes
fresh parsley for garnish
salt and pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, melt half the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a holding plate, and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan and saute the shallots until they just start to soften.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, and reduce by half.
- Add the broth and keep on boiling until reduced by half again.
- Add the cream to the sauce, and bring back to a boil.
- Add the grapes and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve with the sauce, garnished with parsley.