1 lb of peeled pumpkin flesh
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup butter
2 cups milk
6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1.5 oz spaghetti, broken into small pieces
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper
- Chop the pumpkin into 1" cubes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion to the saucepan, and soften it over medium heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, and cook for another 15 minutes or so until the pumpkin is soft, then remove it from the heat.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the soup, then return it to the pot.
- Stir in the milk and nutmeg, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup back to a boil.
- Stir the broken spaghetti into the soup, and cook until the pasta is done.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and serve piping hot.